Winter holidays in Salzburg.
Active fun on the ice of Lake Fuschl and on the pistes of the Salzkammergut.
In winter the Waldhof is transformed into a winter wonderland nestled on the shores of a quite different Lake Fuschl. The crystal, sugar coated mountains and the twinkling lights of Advent are reflected on the wintery surface of the lake. The snow covers the landscape in a glistening shroud of tranquillity. The atmosphere is peaceful, the air crisp, the Waldhof aglow and welcoming.
A winter holiday at the Waldhof near Salzburg is a time to relax, unwind and to enjoy the cosy atmosphere inside and the invigorating air outside. A snug, warm feeling will come over you in our Sauna World: warm, inviting winter pleasure while it snows and storms outside. A soothing herbal oil massage will give you time to let your thoughts wander and to day dream. And when you've had enough relaxation then it's time for action: An endless range of leisure and sporting activities await you in and around the four star Superior Hotel Waldhof.
Here is our winter activities programme to whet your appetite:
- Discover the joys of tobogganing, snow tubing, snow-biking or curling at the Waldhof Alm
- Introductory cross-country skiing course with Mag. Silvia Weigl and Katharina
- Romantic horse-drawn sleigh ride into the Ellmau Valley*
- Professional fitness advice from Mag. Silvia Weigl in the fitness gallery
- "Morning Awakening" - wellness programme with Katharina
- Introduction to snow-tubing, snow-biking, curling etc.
- Alm Experience programme with Katharina
- Tobogganing trip to the Sausteig Alm or Schafbach Alm with Katharina
- Wild deer feeding in Hintersee*
- Snow-shoe walk to Eibensee Lake and Mountain
- Ride on the Zwölferhorn cable car in St. Gilgen for hiking and altitude sunbathing*
- A day at the Postalm Alpine plateau for hiking, cross-country skiing or skiing with Herbert Ebner*
Apart from the activities marked with a *, all programme points are included in the superior half-board price.
All prices are per person
- Horse-drawn sleigh ride adults € 9,– children € 4,50
- Walking City Tour of Salzburg (without a bus) € 12,–
- Postalm incl. toll and bus fare € 20,–
- Zwölferhorn cable car return ride € 13,–
- Wild deer feeding in Hintersee (contribution for the foresters' feeding programme) € 3,–