Hiking holidays in Salzburg.
The perfect choice for a multifaceted hiking holiday in Fuschl am See.
If you'd like to explore the picturesque countryside in Salzburg Country on foot, the four star Superior Hotel Ebner's Waldhof is the ideal starting point:
- Local mountains; Ellmaustein, Fibling and Schober, starting point at the hotel
- Zwölferhorn and Schafberg mountains just a few minutes drive away
- Many of the varied village hill walking trails start just outside the hotel's front door
- Wonderful, well-kempt walking paths with fantastic views of the Salzkammergut Lake District
- Unforgettable hiking tours to major peaks in the region with Herbert Ebner and Katharina (e.g.Dachstein, Osterhorngruppe)
- Numerous mountain pastures and mountain hut restaurants in the region
- Hiking info and advice here at the Hotel Ebner's Waldhof
- Rustic Waldhof Alm mountain restaurant (15 minutes walk from the hotel)
The walking routes to the three local mountains; Ellmaustein, Filbling and Schober start right in front of the hotel. The Salzkammergut is a picturesque landscape mosaic of soft rolling hills, wide bands of mixed forest, blooming mountain pastures, distinctive peaks and the ever-present white blanket of the Dachstein glacier. A total of 76 lakes, some small, secluded and mysterious some larger and lively are located in the region. The small villages nestled neatly in the tucks of the hills and on the shores of the lakes are unique, each having its very own charm and character. The Salzkammergut is the ideal place for a hiking holiday.
The Lake Fuschl Holiday Region has a longstanding reputation as a fantastic hiking area. This is not surprising because the region is not only stunningly beautiful, but offers walks through varying landscapes and altitudes and the surrounding mountain pastures are dotted with charming mountain hut restaurants offering a friendly service and genuine Salzburg cooking. The best (and nicest) way to discover the beauty and fascination of the area is with our Wellness trainer Katharina or by joining your host and avid Alpinist Herbert Ebner on one of his regularly organised hiking tours to the peaks of the Dachstein or Osterhorn mountain ranges. We can also recommend a walk to one of the many "Holler Alms" in the Lake Fuschl and Lake Wolfgangsee area: these are traditional mountain hut restaurants that have specialised in drinks and dishes made with elderflowers or elderberries.
There are a number of fantastic walks in the Salzburg area, the Zwölferhorn or the Schafberg peaks for example. A cog railway, the oldest in Austria, leads to the summit of the Schafberg and a nostalgic cable car to the top of the Zwolferhorn, whether you decide to hike or ride to the top, one thing's for sure: the views from the top are absolutely stunning. The local peaks the Schober, Filbling and Ellmaustein also reward you with fantastic views of the Salzkammergut Lake District. And if you fancy something not quite as strenuous, try the short walk up to the Waldhof Alm mountain restaurant.