Stay active on holiday
Your active wellness holiday
in the Salzkammergut Lake District
Take a deep breath and stretch your muscles - in the lake, in the forest, on a mountain or in our Fitness Gallery. A holiday at Ebner's Waldhof by the lake is ideal for exercise fanatics, sport enthusiasts and those who want to use their holiday to stay fit. Discover the Lake Fuschl Region with its mountain, hills, high altitude pastures on walks, runs or on a mountain bike. Lake Fuschl, that lies right on the hotel's doorstep, is perfect for cooling down after a work-out or for relaxing by. Our spacious sauna landscape is where your body finds the time and space to regenerate. At Ebner's Waldhof, wellness and active holidays go hand-in-hand.
And when the winter descends upon Fuschl am See we have something that will warm the hearts of every sport enthusiast: The Waldhof Alm turns into a snow-sports paradise and combines staying fit with fun, on the snow-tubing run for example. You can also try out snow-biking or Austrian curling. The cross-country skiing trails in the region are easily reached and on a snow-shoe walk you get to see the winter landscapes from a completely new perspective. Back at the Waldhof the hotel's own gym caters for all kinds of indoor sports from volleyball to indoor hockey and our modern Fitness Gallery is always on hand for a work-out. So what are you waiting for?
- 25 well-maintained mountain and touring bikes
- 9 e-bikes (fee charged)
- rowing boats, kayaks as well as stand-up-paddle boards available at the hotel beach
Enjoying the warmer weather
Hiking and mountain-biking
With fresh air in your lungs and the sun in your face: The breath-taking Lake Fuschl countryside is best explored on a hiking, cycling or mountain-bike tour. Whether you are on a Family holiday or traveling alone or with your partner the Salzkammergut Lake District is the holiday destination that combines sport and wellness perfectly.
- Hiking: The Schober, Ellmaustein and Krippenstein Mountains are just some of the fantastic local peaks that can be conquered. Long, challenging hikes, gentle walks and steep trails await hiking and walking enthusiasts of every level of fitness. Our friendly staff are happy to give you advice and information about the numerous hiking possibilities in the region.
- Cycling: Regardless of your preference: E-Biking, touring or mountain-biking, we can recommend the ideal tour and provide the equipment to suit.
- Guided walks and cycle tours: For those who need a little support with their sporting undertakings, we offer our guests weekly guided hiking and cycling tours.
Cycle Mondsee Lake
Cycling from Lake Fuschl to Mondsee enables you to enjoy the glory of two lakes in one round trip: A wonderful experience, ideal for warm autumn days.
Cycling is great for your health and discovering our region on two wheels is great fun. Explore the many cycling and biking trails that stretch out into the countryside around Ebner's Waldhof by the lake.
Around Lake Fuschl walk
The around the lake walk is like a magnet that draws you in bit by bit. At some point during your holiday you'll feel the irresistible urge to follow the stunning path along the side of the emerald lake. The path leads you through lush meadows, cooling forests and past romantic coves.
Enjoy clean mountain air, panoramic Alpine scenery and good traditional Austrian food at the many mountain hut restaurants on and around the Zwölferhorn Mountain.
your holiday right by the lake
Water-sports and swimming fun
Translucent, emerald green water and the gentle sound of tiny waves rippling to the shore: There is nothing more satisfying than a swim in Lake Fuschl. The scenery here is not just to look at, but to become a part of. And at Ebner’s Waldhof by the lake swimming is not the only possibility to enjoy the lake close-up. We have rowing boats, kayaks, paddle boards and our very own wooden passenger boat the “Fuschlerin”.
- Swimming: Access to the water for swimming couldn’t be easier. The Ebner’s Waldhof private beach is right in front of the hotel.
- Rowing and kayaking: You’d like to explore the lake under your own steam? We have kayaks and kayaking equipment, rowing boats, stand up paddle boards and life jackets(safety first) for your use at the hotel beach. Just have a go, it’s great fun!
- Boat ride: A more leisurely way to enjoy the lake is a boat ride on our “Zille” boat the “Fuschlerin”. This traditional flat-bottomed boat brings passengers from the Lakeside Promenade to the Castle Fishery at the far end of the lake and back from May until October – weather permitting.
What puts Ebner's Waldhof a notch above the rest? Definitely its location on the shores of stunning Lake Fuschl. The hotel's own private beach is a haven for water lovers and sun worshipers - in combination with the fantastic Waldhof Water World, it makes staying at the Waldhof a dream come true!
Wellness and active holidays in the Salzkammergut